How Much Can a RAM 1500 Tow?
If you’re in the market for a light-duty truck that goes the distance, the 2020 RAM 1500 has a max towing capacity of 12,700 pounds, making it a light-duty truck that works hard for Beavercreek drivers. This Best-in-Class V8 Engine Towing* powerhouse is ready to get the job done, but utility doesn’t stop at how much can a RAM 1500 tow. Learn more about the RAM 1500 specs with the experts at Key Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram FIAT.
RAM 1500 Engines & Capacities
Strength starts with the engine, and with the 2020 RAM 1500, you’ll have multiple engines to choose from, helping you outfit your truck to your exact needs. No matter which option you choose, your new RAM 1500 will be paired with a standard Class-Exclusive TorqueFlite® 8-speed automatic transmission for power you can feel behind the wheel.
- 3.6L V6 24V VVT eTorque Engine Upg I—produces 305 hp and 269 lb-ft of torque. Towing capability maxes out at 7,730 pounds.
- 5.7L V8 HEMI® MDS VVT Engine—produces up to 395 hp, 410 lb-ft of torque, and tows a max of 11,610 pounds.
- 5.7L V8 HEMI® MDS VVT eTorque Engine—produces the same figures shown above, but boosts towing to 12,750 pounds.
- 3.0L EcoDiesel V6 Engine—produces up to 260 hp, 480 lb-ft of torque, and tows a max of 12,560 pounds—the highest diesel tow rating in the class.
The 2020 RAM 1500 payload capacity ranges from 2,100 to 2,300 pounds, depending on the trim.
More Features for Easier Towing
The 2020 RAM 1500 towing capacity offers Springfield drivers both power and efficiency, integrating a variety of towing technologies and features that make it easier to get the job done. Work with total confidence, thanks to a truck packed with:
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path and Trailer Detection: This game-changing available system watches your blind zones, and automatically accounts for trailer length.
- TorqueFlite® Transmission: The RAM 1500 earns up to 20 mpg city/25 mpg highway with help from eTorque mild hybrid transmission system.
- Multi-Function Tailgate: Find more ways to access the bed while still being able to handle demanding loads, thanks to this available 60/40 split gate.
- Largest-in-Class Brakes: The RAM 1500 features 14.9-inch brakes for greater stopping power on Wilmington streets.
Test Drive the 2020 RAM 1500 at Key Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram FIAT in Xenia!
The RAM 1500 is an icon for a reason, and at Key Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram FIAT, we know the minute you experience this exciting light-duty truck, you’ll be ready to bring it home. Learn how you can optimize your storage even more with the RamBox features. If you want to see what our heavier models can tow, check out the RAM 2500 towing capacity when you visit us. Check out our latest new vehicle specials to make your purchase even more affordable, and apply for financing online to save yourself a step at the dealership!
More About RAM 1500 Features
The 2020 RAM 1500 MPG can get up to 20 mpg city/25 mpg highway fuel efficiency with the 3.6L V6 Pentastar engine, making it one of the most fuel efficient pickups on the market. With additional towing power and interior features that will keep you safe and connected, the RAM 1500 is a very attractive…