SRT® and RT: What Do They Stand for?
Auto enthusiasts in Xenia are usually quite familiar with the acronyms SRT® and RT. If you don’t know what they mean, Key Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram FIAT can help! So, what do they mean? SRT® stands for Street and Racing Technology while RT stands for Road and Track, and they indicate trim levels of popular Dodge models. Now that you know they’re meanings, you may be wondering, “How do SRT®/RT impact performance?”
What Does SRT® Mean for Performance?
Beavercreek drivers looking for maximum power and performance turn to SRT® technology. The heftier engines of the SRT® create the unforgettable power of Dodge models, such as the:
- Challenger SRT® Hellcat: Famed for its astonishing performance, the Challenger SRT® Hellcat takes speed to a whole new level.
- Charger SRT® Hellcat Widebody: Renowned for performance, the Charger SRT® never fails to impress.
- Durango SRT®: Hit staggering speeds with the renowned might of the Durango SRT® — America’s fastest and most capable standard three-row SUV.
Why Should You Buy an SRT®?
The available options on any Dodge SRT® vary depending on the model, but Springfield drivers can expect top-of-the-line performance-focused features in every SRT® model, such as:
- HEMI® Engines: Each SRT® model is powered by a rugged Supercharged HEMI® V8 engine. From the beastly 2020 Dodge Durango that goes from 0 to 60 in only 4.4 seconds to the Challenger SRT® Hellcat Redeye that puts out a whopping 717 hp, each vehicle is focused primarily on one thing: speed.
- Brembo Braking: The Dodge SRT® provides high-performance Brembo calipers and slotted brakes to take the heat. Brembo brakes deliver serious stopping power on both the track and highway.
- Aerodynamics: Years of innovative design have gone into the SRT® exterior to make these vehicles more aerodynamic for better, smoother handling on Wilmington roads. Many SRT® vehicles include air induction hoods, spoilers, wide-body styling, and other features to reduce drag and improve overall handling.
What Does RT Stand For?
Both the RT and SRT® trims feature upgraded performance over the standard Dodge trims, but the RT, which stands for Road and Track, comes with a more affordable price with a bit less power than the SRT®. You’ll find upgraded engines, suspensions, tires, and brakes. If you’re looking for an RT model, you have plenty of options to choose from with trim options from the following models:
- Dodge Challenger
- Dodge Charger
- Dodge Durango
Performance Features of the RT
Exact performance features on an RT model vary from one trim to the next, yet each is guaranteed to deliver top performance. When experiencing this track-inspired trim, you’ll enjoy features like:
- Brembo Braking: These brakes allow for faster stops without overheating.
- HEMI® Engines: With the iconic horsepower and torque reached by these tough engines, it’s no surprise that they’re world-renowned.
- Aerodynamic Design: The use of hood scoops, a rear spoiler, and more design technologies, allow the RT trim to reduce drag and achieve greater speed.
Experience SRT® and RT Performance at Key Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram FIAT Today!
See how the SRT® and RT compare at Key Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram FIAT. Check out our new vehicle specials and then contact us to schedule a test drive. Then, when you’re ready, our friendly finance team will their magic to get you a price you can afford. We look forward to handing you the keys to the vehicle of your dreams! Call us today!
More From Key Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram FIAT
The 2020 RAM 1500 MPG can get up to 20 mpg city/25 mpg highway fuel efficiency with the 3.6L V6 Pentastar engine, making it one of the most fuel efficient pickups on the market. With additional towing power and interior features that will keep you safe and connected, the RAM 1500 is a very attractive…
A lot of our Beavercreek area customers are excited about the 2020 Jeep Cherokee. Maybe you are, too. But did you know that there are eight great Jeep Cherokee trim levels or configurations to choose from? Each trim has its own sets of features and is priced accordingly. And yes, the famous Jeep Cherokee 4×4…
While the exterior commands immediate attention and the engine roars like a beast, just what is going on within the Dodge Challenger interior? This sports car shows off an impressive cabin, packed with technology and upscale features that make every driving journey just a little more exciting. Let’s take a look at the Dodge Challenger…