SRT® and RT: What Do They Stand for?
Auto enthusiasts in Xenia are usually quite familiar with the acronyms SRT® and RT. If you don’t know what they mean, Key Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram FIAT can help! So, what do they mean? SRT® stands for Street and Racing Technology while RT stands for Road and Track, and they indicate trim levels of popular Dodge models. Now that you know they’re meanings, you may be wondering, “How do SRT®/RT impact performance?”
What Does SRT® Mean for Performance?
Beavercreek drivers looking for maximum power and performance turn to SRT® technology. The heftier engines of the SRT® create the unforgettable power of Dodge models, such as the:
- Challenger SRT® Hellcat: Famed for its astonishing performance, the Challenger SRT® Hellcat takes speed to a whole new level.
- Charger SRT® Hellcat Widebody: Renowned for performance, the Charger SRT® never fails to impress.
- Durango SRT®: Hit staggering speeds with the renowned might of the Durango SRT® — America’s fastest and most capable standard three-row SUV.
Why Should You Buy an SRT®?
The available options on any Dodge SRT® vary depending on the model, but Springfield drivers can expect top-of-the-line performance-focused features in every SRT® model, such as:
- HEMI® Engines: Each SRT® model is powered by a rugged Supercharged HEMI® V8 engine. From the beastly 2020 Dodge Durango that goes from 0 to 60 in only 4.4 seconds to the Challenger SRT® Hellcat Redeye that puts out a whopping 717 hp, each vehicle is focused primarily on one thing: speed.
- Brembo Braking: The Dodge SRT® provides high-performance Brembo calipers and slotted brakes to take the heat. Brembo brakes deliver serious stopping power on both the track and highway.
- Aerodynamics: Years of innovative design have gone into the SRT® exterior to make these vehicles more aerodynamic for better, smoother handling on Wilmington roads. Many SRT® vehicles include air induction hoods, spoilers, wide-body styling, and other features to reduce drag and improve overall handling.
What Does RT Stand For?
Both the RT and SRT® trims feature upgraded performance over the standard Dodge trims, but the RT, which stands for Road and Track, comes with a more affordable price with a bit less power than the SRT®. You’ll find upgraded engines, suspensions, tires, and brakes. If you’re looking for an RT model, you have plenty of options to choose from with trim options from the following models:
- Dodge Challenger
- Dodge Charger
- Dodge Durango
Performance Features of the RT
Exact performance features on an RT model vary from one trim to the next, yet each is guaranteed to deliver top performance. When experiencing this track-inspired trim, you’ll enjoy features like:
- Brembo Braking: These brakes allow for faster stops without overheating.
- HEMI® Engines: With the iconic horsepower and torque reached by these tough engines, it’s no surprise that they’re world-renowned.
- Aerodynamic Design: The use of hood scoops, a rear spoiler, and more design technologies, allow the RT trim to reduce drag and achieve greater speed.
Experience SRT® and RT Performance at Key Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram FIAT Today!
See how the SRT® and RT compare at Key Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram FIAT. Check out our new vehicle specials and then contact us to schedule a test drive. Then, when you’re ready, our friendly finance team will their magic to get you a price you can afford. We look forward to handing you the keys to the vehicle of your dreams! Call us today!
More From Key Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram FIAT
If you’re in the market for a light-duty truck that goes the distance, the 2020 RAM 1500 has a max towing capacity of 12,700 pounds, making it a light-duty truck that works hard for Beavercreek drivers. This Best-in-Class V8 Engine Towing* powerhouse is ready to get the job done, but utility doesn’t stop at how…
Listed as an IIHS top safety pick for 2019, the 2020 Jeep Renegade is well known in Xenia for its comfortable interior and its intuitive multimedia system. Paired with the legendary Jeep off-road capability, the Jeep Renegade has everything you love about Jeep in a subcompact package. Learn more about the Jeep Renegade interior accessories…
The 2020 Jeep Compass has arrived in Xenia, boasting great reviews. Whether you’re after the legendary off-road performance of the Jeep Compass Trailhawk® or the luxurious interiors of the Jeep Compass Limited, this compact SUV from Jeep has a wide variety of available upgrades for Beavercreek drivers. Key Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram FIAT takes you on a tour of the…