SRT® and RT: What Do They Stand for?
Auto enthusiasts in Xenia are usually quite familiar with the acronyms SRT® and RT. If you don’t know what they mean, Key Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram FIAT can help! So, what does SRT® stand for? SRT® stands for Street and Racing Technology while RT stands for Road and Track, and they indicate trim levels of popular Dodge models. Now that you know their meanings, you may be wondering, “How do SRT®/RT impact performance?” Learn about what SRT and RT stand for in terms of performance and how what they mean for you with Key Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram FIAT.
What Does SRT® Mean for Performance?
Beavercreek drivers looking for maximum power and performance turn to SRT® technology. The heftier engines of the SRT® create unforgettable power in certain Dodge models. What is an SRT® car that houses some of these engines? Here are a few:
- Challenger SRT® Hellcat: Famed for its astonishing performance, the Challenger SRT® Hellcat takes speed to a whole new level.
- Charger SRT® Hellcat Widebody: Renowned for performance, the Charger SRT® never fails to impress.
- Durango SRT®: Hit staggering speeds with the renowned might of the Durango SRT® — America’s fastest and most capable standard three-row SUV.
Now that you know what SRT® stands for, check out some of the benefits you get with an SRT® vehicle.
Why Should You Buy an SRT®?
The available options on any Dodge SRT® vary depending on the model, but Springfield drivers can expect top-of-the-line performance-focused features in every SRT® model, such as:
- HEMI® Engines: Each SRT® model is powered by a rugged Supercharged HEMI® V8 engine. From the beastly 2020 Dodge Durango that goes from 0 to 60 in only 4.4 seconds to the Challenger SRT® Hellcat Redeye that puts out a whopping 717 hp, each vehicle is focused primarily on one thing: speed.
- Brembo Braking: The Dodge SRT® provides high-performance Brembo calipers and slotted brakes to take the heat. Brembo brakes deliver serious stopping power on both the track and highway.
- Aerodynamics: Years of innovative design have gone into the SRT® exterior to make these vehicles more aerodynamic for better, smoother handling on Wilmington roads. Many SRT® vehicles include air induction hoods, spoilers, wide-body styling, and other features to reduce drag and improve overall handling.
What Does RT Stand For?
Both the RT and SRT® trims feature upgraded performance over the standard Dodge trims, but the RT, which stands for Road and Track, comes with a more affordable price with a bit less power than the SRT®. You’ll find upgraded engines, suspensions, tires, and brakes. If you’re looking for an RT model, you have plenty of options to choose from with trim options from the following models:
- Dodge Challenger
- Dodge Charger
- Dodge Durango
Performance Features of the RT
What does RT mean for your Dodge vehicle? Exact performance features on an RT model vary from one trim to the next, yet each is guaranteed to deliver top performance. When experiencing this track-inspired trim, you’ll enjoy features like:
- Brembo Braking: These brakes allow for faster stops without overheating.
- HEMI® Engines: With the iconic horsepower and torque reached by these tough engines, it’s no surprise that they’re world-renowned.
- Aerodynamic Design: The use of hood scoops, a rear spoiler, and more design technologies, allow the RT trim to reduce drag and achieve greater speed.
So, what does RT stand for? It means high-quality performance at a more affordable price than the SRT®.
Experience SRT® & RT Performance at Key Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram FIAT Today!
See how the SRT® and RT compare at Key Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram FIAT. Check out our new vehicle specials and then contact us to schedule a test drive. Then, when you’re ready, our friendly finance team will their magic to get you a price you can afford. We look forward to handing you the keys to the vehicle of your dreams! Call us today!
More from Key Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram FIAT
A well-equipped 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee boasts a maximum towing capacity of around 7,200 pounds. The new Grand Cherokee offers four engine options to choose from, making it a solid selection for Beavercreek drivers of all kinds. Whether you’re looking for a powerhouse on the trails or a high-performance SUV for those everyday adventures, you’ll…
The rugged Jeep Cherokee is known for its capable performance both on and off the Beavercreek roads. But, we all know that what’s on the inside matters just as much as what’s on the outside. That’s why Key Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram FIAT wants to give you an up-close tour of the Jeep Cherokee inside to see what amazing…
The Jeep Gladiator has the capability to help you take on the Beavercreek roads with full force. But what powers the Jeep Gladiator to give it such awe-inspiring performance? Take a look under the hood and explore the Jeep Gladiator engine specs and more to see how this SUV can give your commute a serious…