How Much Can the Jeep Wrangler Tow?
How much can a Jeep Wrangler tow, and is it enough to handle your RV trailer or boat? Properly equipped, the Jeep Wrangler towing capacity reaches 3,500 pounds — plenty to haul a smaller motorized boat or popup trailer around Beavercreek. The Wrangler towing capacity ranges from 2,000 pounds or at 3,500 pounds, depending on the configuration you choose. Explore Wrangler towing specs and the benefits of Jeep 4×4 technology with Key Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram FIAT, and then browse new Jeep Wrangler models for sale on our lot in Xenia!
2021 Jeep Wrangler Towing Capacity
The Wrangler towing capacity will vary depending on your configuration — i.e. your chosen trim level, drivetrain, and engine. So how much can a Jeep Wrangler tow at each trim level? Here are a few points to keep in mind as you configure your Wrangler:
- For 2-door models, the Wrangler towing capacity maxes out at 2,000 pounds. 4-door Wrangler models can tow as much as 3,500 pounds.
- Most trim levels can be had in either a 2-door or 4-door configuration. The exceptions are the Sahara, and High Altitude, which only come as 4-door models. If you choose one of these trims, you can be sure of a 3,500-pound Wrangler towing capacity.
- The Wrangler lineup gains several exciting new exterior paint colors for 2021, and most of the 2020 Jeep Wrangler configurations are back for the new model year.
How Much Can a Jeep Wrangler Tow with Each 4×4 System?
- Selec-Trac® 4×4 stays in two-wheel drive when road conditions are good, helping to conserve fuel. When you encounter snow, rain, ice, or mud, the system automatically switches to 4×4.
- Rock-Trac® 4×4 optimizes off-road performance with a 4:1 low gear ratio, Tru-Lok® electronic-locking differentials, and electronic front sway bar disconnect.
- Command-Trac® 4×4 offers a neutral option for better towing on flat surfaces and a 2.72:1 low gear ratio for when the trail gets tough. As you might expect, Command-Trac® is best for towing.
Looking for even more power or the functionality of a truck bed? You may want to check out the new Jeep Gladiator! As one of the only off-road pickup trucks on the market, you will rarely see anything like it on the road in Springfield.
Jeep Wrangler Towing Features
Designed for tough tasks from the ground up, every Wrangler model features standard front and rear heavy duty tow hooks. As you move to higher trims, more and more towing-specific features are included standard.
No matter which trim you choose, you’ll need to add the Trailer Tow and Heavy-Duty Electrical Group in order to reach the maximum Wrangler towing capacity. This packages includes the following features:
- Winch and Control Light Bars
- Programmable Aux Switches
- 700-Amp Maintenance Free Battery
- Seven and Four-Pin Wiring Harness
- Class II Tow Receiver Hitch
- 240-Amp Alternator
Test Drive a New Jeep Wrangler for Sale in Xenia!
At Key Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram FIAT, we’re proud to provide top-quality auto service and fair prices to drivers in the Wilmington area. Check out our rotating selection of Mopar© coupons to see how much you can save on genuine Jeep parts and accessories, and contact us today to start customizing your Jeep Wrangler!
More from Key Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram FIAT
If you’re looking to upgrade your Wilmington driving experience to something that goes beyond an ordinary sedan, browse the 2021 Dodge Charger trim levels at Key Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram FIAT! Starting at just $29,995 MSRP and offering a variety of configurations and engine options, the 2021 Dodge Charger has everything you’re looking for in a new vehicle. Learn more…
Many Beavercreek shoppers turn to a new Jeep to tackle all of their adventures. With the new Jeep Gladiator, not only can you regularly go off the beaten path, but you’ll also be able to tackle any job on the worksite as well. Fortunately, all that muscle and brute are backed by stunning good looks…
For Xenia drivers who want an SUV that’s high performance, the 2021 Jeep Cherokee has probably come to mind. With options for a luxurious interior, Jeep Cherokee 4X4 performance, and so much more, it’s a great machine for demanding Beavercreek drivers. Key Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram FIAT has information on the Jeep Cherokee trim levels below so you can…